The Raving Capitalist
Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies
Tired of the 9-to-5 grind and want a way to earn or to supplement
your income? Easy.
The media has named the growing trend toward micro-entrepreneurship “the Rise of the Creative Class,” “the GigLife,” or “the freelance economy.” All of those refer to the nearly 4 million workers who were self-employed this past year, and millions of others who currently supplement their income with freelance work. While the trend has been spotted before, there’s one stark difference between micro-entrepreneurs today and the”Free Agent Nation” citizens of the late ’90s: technology. Micro-Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to navigate this confusing technological landscape in order to make a contributable profit.
Take control of your career and income and be your own boss
If you’ve had dreams of starting your own full-time or part-time, home-based business, perhaps because you’re unemployed, dissatisfied with your current career, or you just need some supplemental income, micro-entrepreneurship is your best bet. This hands-on, friendly guide arms you with ideas, strategies, and lots of resources to help you kick-start your venture!
- Micro-Entrepreneurship 101 — find out the best path toward being a micro-entrepreneur and what type of business mirrors your interests and abilities
- The nuts ‘n’ bolts — get the skinny on the inner workings of micro-entrepreneurship, from creating products and services to auctions, writing, self-publishing, affiliate marketing, and advertising
- Reach the masses — discover how to find your best customers and the various ways to market, from publicity and guest blogging to ezine and blog marketing
- The fruits of your labor — get help managing all aspects of your business, from administrative tasks to more detailed technological tasks, like outsourcing
Open the book and find:
- Why a web presence is important
- How to set up a website or blog
- A ton of sites and resources to help you
- Ways to tap into your passion and find your niche
- Tips for marketing and selling your micro business
- The scoop on market research
- Guidance on tax implications and benefits
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- Ten ways to make money immediately